Journey through the land of high passes
Day 1 | At Delhi:
Reach Delhi via Flight from your destination to catch overnight Volvo bus to Manali.
Day 2 | At Manali:
Arrive & check in to the hotel, A relaxed day exploring Manali market and it’s beautiful culture. The day is free for preparing for your trip from next day.
Day 3 | Manali to Jispa: The highway crosses through the highest mountain passes in the world to experience the most memorable and scenic experiences of all time. Enroute we will cross Rohtang pass, Koksar, Sisu, Tandi, Keylong. Overnight stay Jispa.
Day 4 | Jispa to Leh: After an early breakfast we’ll start our journey to Leh via Baralacha, Sarchu, Lachulung La, Tanglang La (Situated at 17,480 ft and the third highest pass in the world). This long journey will pass through most scenic routes which will be encountered today. We’ll stop by some places for photography and reach Leh by evening/night.
Day 5 | Leh to Nubra (Camel Safari and Cultural Show):
Drive to Nubra Valley via Khardung La pass. Khardung La is the highest motorable road in the world & the pass also has a small cafeteria which itself is the highest cafeteria in the world. We’ll be reaching in Nubra Valley by Early Afternoon to photograph the high altitude desert camels. You can experience Hunder Sand Dunes and enjoy the camel safari (Own Arrangement). Later in the evening, we attend a cultural show performed by the local people and overnight in Nubra Valley.
Day 6 | Nubra Valley (Local Sightseeing) and back to Leh:
After breakfast, we’ll start back to Leh after a quick stop at the Deskit Market and then we proceed to the Deskit Monastery. We’ll stop by Khardung La for some time to enjoy and photograph this beautiful moment. In the Evening visit to Leh Market, Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa & Leh Gompa. Overnight stay at Leh.
Day 7 | Leh to Pangong Lake:
After breakfast, we depart from Leh towards Pangong Lake (14,500ft), through Chang la Pass 17,350 ft. Chang La is the 3rd Highest Pass in the world. En Route we will Stop by the Tsoltak Lake for Lunch. We will arrive at Pangong by Early Afternoon. The evening is spent around Pangong Lake and exploring the Area. Overnight at Pangong.
Day 8 | Pangong to Leh:
After morning breakfast we will leave for Leh En route we can take a short halt at Changla Pass to enjoy a cup of hot steaming tea. We Return to Leh by Afternoon. The evening is free to visit Leh market.
Day 9 | Depart for Leh Airport:
- Delhi to Manali overnight Volvo bus (Food on your own)
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in the best hotels/camps
- Meals: Breakfast & Dinner (Starts from Manali)
- All Inner Line Permits for restricted areas.
- Private Vehicle Innova/Mahindra Xylo
- Cultural Show once during the trip
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Your destination to Delhi & Leh to Delhi Flight
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages
- Any Insurance, medical expenses
- Entrance and camera fees for the monastery
- Camel safari at Hunder Sand Dunes
- Wildlife fees & environmental Fee (₹ 500)
- Red cross fees (₹ 100)
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions
Learning with UPC
- detailed review while photographing during the tour be it landscapes, people or slow shutter
- a briefing session for beginners to quick start with their camera at its best level
- on field guidance to create awesome images at location & to resolving all doubts on field
- critique & image reviews to improve your photography skills through the tour